EWC <-> Ethereum
- 2.The EWT are locked in a smart contract that is deployed on the Energy Web Chain.
- 3.On the Ethereum Mainnet, an equal value (minus the cost of gas) of EWTB are minted
- 4.The EWTB are released to the user's address on Ethereum Mainnet
- 2.An amount of EWT corresponding to the number of EWTB being bridged are released to the user's wallet from the holding smart contract.
- 3.The corresponding EWTB on the Ethereum Mainnet are burned
Note that the bridge transfer could take some time as the transaction must be picked up, approved and added to a block on the Ethereum Mainnet.
- 2.Navigate to https://bridge.energyweb.org/ and connect to MetaMask. Select the account that has the tokens you want to bridge. Once connected. you should see your EWT balance in the bridge under Energy Web Chain.
- 3.Click on the "Show More" link. Note that it specifies a maximum and minimum amount for a bridge transaction.
- 4.Input the amount of EWT to bridge. Note that some of this amount will go toward the gas fee to execute the transaction on the Ethereum Mainnet, so account for this in your total transfer amount
- 5.Click "Transfer"
- 6.Approve the transfer transaction in MetaMask
- 7.Change your MetaMask network to the Ethereum Mainnet
- 8.When the transaction goes through, you will see your EWTB balance in the same account that you initiated the bridge transaction from on the Ethereum Mainnet Network