Volta Test Network: Validator Node Installation
This page describes the steps to install a validator node on the Volta test network.
- 1.Choose a hosting provider (on-premise or qualified cloud provider) and favored operating system.
- 2.Install operating system and prepare host according to the OS Installation Guide (see previous lesson)
- 3.Find the Client installation script matching the installed OS on the energyweb github: https://github.com/energywebfoundation/ewc-validator-node-install-scripts/tree/master/volta-affiliate and copy it from the volta-affiliate/openethereum or volta-affiliate/nethermind directory to the host
- 4.Make sure the latest system updates are installed by running apt-get update&& apt-get dist-upgrade(debian/ubuntu) oryum update(centos)
- 5.Make the script executable withchmod +x ./install-*.sh
- 6.Run the script (please do not use the--autoparameter which can be used to take default for node-name and generate a random key)
- 7.If the installation was successful, it should generate a .txt file (named install-summary.txt) that lists the node address, IP address, , influxDB username/password. You will need to provide these details via a form in the next step to successfully add your validator node to the validator system contract.
- If you encounter issues with the installation or the install-summary.txt file is not generated:
- 2.If the issue is not already known, submit a question in the #validators or #technical_questions channels in the EWF Member Slack space to troubleshoot.
- 8.Submit the Volta node installation details here.
- 1.After submitting the installation details, you will receive another email with instructions for proceeding to the main EW Chain.
Last modified 1yr ago